Events for the Digital Age SiriusPathway®
Purchasing this course gives one person access to its content for one year from date of purchase. It is non-refundable, non-returnable, and once started, cannot be transferred to others or exchanged for a different course.
In this SiriusPathway®, we help you develop a comprehensive event strategy that will support demand creation goals and initiatives as part of an integrated campaign framework. Specifically, marketers will learn how to assess their event discipline, drive an effective even strategy, assign appropriate roles and responsibilities and evaluate key factors impacting pre, during and post-event planning and execution.
This is a 200 level SiriusDecisions Learning course. Courses at this level are appropriate for individuals or teams that need to operationalize concepts or frameworks, defining variables into measurable factors. Course content at this level is more focused and specific to key topic areas.
Key Course Objectives:
- Describe the concept of event assessment
- Look at how the SiriusDecisions Marketing Event Discipline Maturity Model can be used to assess the maturity of the organization and the activities associated with event strategy, selection, planning and execution to identify areas for continued investment and optimization
Strategic Event Planning & Selection
- Illustrate event types and their characteristics
- Discuss how you can use the SiriusDecisions Campaign Framework as a guide to help plan events that support tactics and drive the accomplishment of broader campaign goals
- Determine how event activities can be linked to the appropriate program families to seed, create, nurture, enable and accelerate demand
- Identify the four steps embedded in the Interactive SiriusDecisions Event Selection Model
- Use an objective and rational method to weigh event value versus cost and prioritize individual events
- Apply a core group of metrics that depend entirely on the event's planned goals
- Set appropriate expectations around overall strategy, event-specific tactics and budgetary resources
Organizational Interlock & Technology Investment
- Identify the key roles and skills required to create best-in-class event marketing teams
- Recognize the role technology plays in event execution and what types of technology maximize event effectiveness
- Appropriately assess your organization's current technology
Attendee Experience & Event Usage
- Indicate the factors that should be considered for effective pre, at and post-event execution
- Assess execution activities and attendee experience
- Examine the use of events for three forms of pipeline acceleration: rapid-entry, intra-pipeline and last mile
- Outline how organizations can tap into seven types of events to develop and activate customer advocacy