Purchasing this course gives one person access to its content for one year from date of purchase. It is non-refundable, non-returnable, and once started, cannot be transferred to others or exchanged for a different course.
Sign up for a demo of this course
In this SiriusPathway®, we show you how to lead the development of a new offering and manage it through its lifecycle, coordinating the contributions of other functions and taking responsibility for commercial success or failure. Product management requires competencies that encompass individual performance as well as cross-functional leadership. In this SiriusPathway®, we discuss customer, buyer and market understanding, market opportunity analysis, concept and product development and lifecycle management.
This is a 100 level SiriusDecisions Learning course. Courses at this level are appropriate for individuals or teams that need to level-set or become acquainted with fundamental definitions and concepts using high-level overviews of key topic areas.
Key Course Objectives:
Customer, Buyer & Marketing Understanding
- Identify recommended activities for understanding customer and buyer needs
- Outline a process for consolidating, analyzing and classifying insights from customer research for product discovery
- Discover the roles, responsibilities and techniques that you can leverage for competitive analysis within your organization
Market Opportunity Analysis
- Distinguish between the two main versions of the business case and explain why and when each version is necessary
- Interpret the template and guidelines that product teams can use to develop and present the business case - concept
- Interpret the template and guidelines that product teams can use to develop and present the business case - final
Concept & Product Development
- Analyze how product managers develop product requirements
- Recognize how product managers use and document roadmaps
Measuring Product Performance
- Examine how and when to measure product satisfaction
- Demonstrate how the decision support framework is used to run potential product and solution enhancements through financial, external and internal variables